Watch the trailer for the 2014 Canary Challenge
What’s New in 2014?
- New start/finish location our new partner, Hewlett-Packard, at their headquarters in Palo Alto, located at 3000 Hanover St, Palo Alto.
- Bigger and better Village at the finish line, with live music, great food, entertainment, and more!
- New rest stop added at the Pulgas Water Temple with music. All routes over 5k will pass this stop on their ride.
- Monthly training rides with Team Vanderkitten and Menlo Bike Club. Check the TRAINING tab on the top of this page to learn more. The next training ride is on July 26 at 8:45am and meets at HP Headquarters.
- Training sessions with the Menlo Bike Club, including an online training program. Visit the TRAINING tab on the top of this page for detailed training information.
- Family friendly 5k is back! Whether you want ride, run, walk, or dance across the finish line, the fun 5k is back for all ages!
- Special benefits for those who register as a team. Click here to join a team or start a new team.
Canary Challenge Partners with Beeline Bikes
Beeline Bikes, a mobile bicycle repair, has become the official mechanical support for the Canary Challenge. Beeline Bikes will provide the mechanical support in the Canary Challenge Village and will have mechanics at the Pulgas Water Temple rest stop on Canada Road.
Beeline Bikes, a mobile repair business out of San Carlos, operates several trucks, which contain a full bike shop inside. Beeline Bikes is offering a special introductory rate for Canary Challenge riders.
- Canary Challenge riders can use code “Canary2014” and get $10 off a Full Tune-up (normally $79.99, plus parts.)
- If you have more than one bike for service, you can get the $67.99 multi-bike price, plus $10 off.
Beeline Bike’s business model is simple: Bring the bike shop to the customer and take pride in servicing any and all bikes. Beeline Bikes Technicians are employee owners and are among the best bicycle mechanics around. Beeline Bikes maintains bicycles for individuals, neighborhoods, and corporations.For more information on Beeline Bikes, please visit www.BeelineBikes.com
2013 Canary Challenge Cyclists Raised $800,000+
THANK YOU 2013 CYCLISTS, SPONSORS, VOLUNTEERS, DONORS!
What a beautiful day it was on Saturday, September 28, 2013. With 800 cyclists and 120 volunteers, Canary Challenge raised over $800,000. Donations directly benefit Stanford Cancer Institute and the Canary Center at Stanford for Cancer Early Detection. We enjoyed perfect California fall weather, sunny and warm but not too hot. You can see photos on our Facebook page. Professional photos that were taken on all of the routes can be found here.
“I want to compliment you and your team on a spectacular event… I do a century or two every year, but the Canary Challenge put every other ride I have ever done to shame. The organization was top notch, the facilities flawless, the perks ample, and the food was outstanding! Your team should know they are putting on the best bicycling event in Northern California. We’ll be back next year with a whole company team.” ~ Thomas Goetz
Event Beneficiary: The Canary Center at Stanford for Early Cancer Detection
Donations benefit the Canary Center at Stanford for Cancer Early Detection. The Canary Center at Stanford is a world-class facility dedicated to cancer early detection research programs. The mission of the center is to foster research leading to the development of blood tests and molecular imaging approaches to detect and localize early cancers. The center is the first in the world to integrate research on both in vivo and in vitrodiagnostics to deliver these tests, by housing state-of-the-art core facilities and collaborative research programs in molecular imaging, proteomics, chemistry, and bioinformatics.
For more on the Canary Center at Stanford, visit http://www.canaryfoundation.org/
Event Producer: Canary Foundation
Canary Foundation is the world’s first non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated solely to the funding, discovery, and development of tests for early cancer detection. Canary Foundation is dedicated to delivering early detection tests for solid cancer tumors within the next 10 years
Learn more about Canary Foundation, visit www.canaryfoundation.org.